“Knowing oneself comes from attending with compassionate curiosity to what is happening within.”
          Gabor Maté

I want you to experience what I just experienced this evening. Please see this new film by Dr. Gabor Maté about what trauma can show us about ourselves and the state of our planet. I am rarely at a loss for words ; you know this about me! Yet I find myself unable to find suitable language to describe the immeasurable insights I gleaned from viewing The Wisdom of Trauma. He is truly a genius and I believe he is a prophet for these times. His philosophy and approach is simple, elegant, and extraordinary.

That’s all I got, wordwise. I cried, I imagined, I blogged. ( okay I lied, a few more words!)

Now go see this masterclass on humanity and report back in the comments.

love you, litebeing ❤

film poster image, fair use

10 comments on “The Wisdom of Trauma

1. fgsjr2015 says:

“It has been said that if child abuse and neglect were to disappear today, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual would shrink to the size of a pamphlet in two generations, and the prisons would empty. Or, as Bernie Siegel, MD, puts it, quite simply, after half a century of practicing medicine, ‘I have become convinced that our number-one public health problem is our childhood’.” (Childhood Disrupted, pg.228).

Thus, I can imagine that the American for-big-profit prison owners are likely literally banking on the continuation of such child abuse and/or neglect as our number-one public health problem.

2. Looks great! Will check it out Linda! Thank you for sharing about it. Look forward to watching as it may be the perfect thing to recommend to people I’ve been talking with who are going through extra traumas these days.

Tania, It is sooooooooo great! I had so many epiphanies while watching film which is so beautifully produced and looks at trauma from so many angles.

1. sounds fantastic!! love that so much is surfacing that is so needed in the world right now

yes, life is opening up in mysterious, exciting, and sometimes confusing and frightening ways. This film helps with all of the above. ❤

3. Eileen Meyer says:

I’m grateful to know about this. He is one of my favorite people on the planet.

Let me know how you like the film. I thought it was excellent, so transformative and moving.

4. cindy knoke says:

I will watch. Thank you for the review and I hope all is well with you დ

Thanks Cindy! Life is pretty good at the moment! ❤