With Spring upon us and the sun’s new foray into Taurus, my mind is looking to grounding and communion. What better way to do that than with a celebration of sisters! True connection with my women friends provides me with the nurturing and grounding my restless soul desires. I spent many years regarding more of my male friends as true like-minded companions. It was most often in those alliances that I found people who loved to discuss complex ideas, go on wild adventures, and treat me with respect, loyalty, and affection. They knew the real me and had my back, like a fun yet protective older brother. I noticed much more competition and superficiality among my female peers. It seemed that true sisterhood was a rare treasure among plastic imitations. It was later in life that I was able to find more of those qualities in the women I met. As you know, anything of true value is worth waiting for. With my sisterhood, this is also the case. I am incredibly blessed to now have so many honorable, kind, bright, creative women in my life. Let’s call them the Earth Goddesses. Many of them are blogettes and four of them bestowed this award on me in 2013:
Thanks to the four lovely ladies who have included me in their “hood”, Sue, Julianne, Shree, and Glorialana. I am so lucky to have developed real bonds with these awesome ladies on and off the grid and I can tell you I have yet to know kinder, grander, wiser, or sweeter spirits than these four. And did I mention these chicks are talented,creative healers and artists? If I were you, I would buy their wares, use their services, view their art and photography, hear their music and relish their stories.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer ten questions.
3. Nominated 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read. ( * I improvised a little)
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated. ( this may take a while )
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
1. Your favorite color …. Can you guess ?
2. Your favorite animal …
” Why, cats are the coolest”, Dexter ( my trusty sidekick) chimed in immediately.
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink …. iced tea closely followed by iced coffee and water
4. Facebook or Twitter ….. Facebook but I prefer WordPress hands down 🙂
5. Your favorite pattern …..
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? both!
7. Your favorite number … 6, 7, and 9
8. Your favorite day of the week … Sunday
9. Your favorite flower …. I adore all flowers but especially sunflowers, orchids, tulips and :
10. What is your passion? …. living life fully and authentically with love, wonder, gratitude, and awe. Blogging, astrology, and nature take me there.
So who are these goddesses that dwell on Earth?
Here are my nominees. These are some very cool chicks! I will call them Earth Goddesses. I want to acknowledge all the women in my circle for showing me the true meaning of sisterhood. Next I want to showcase some newer connections I have made here on the blogosphere. They write and create art, espouse on astrology, travel and the inner journey with honesty, skill, and passion. Thank you for being a part of my life. If you are awards-free, do not fret. Please allow me to simply say Namaste publicly. Nothing more is required. However, for those who are led to pass these on to your sisters, do so with love and honor.
for a great read on goddesses ~ Goddesses-Everywoman
shell image by Chris 73 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ via wikimedia.org
images of rose photograph and vestal painting are courtesy of US public domain via wikimedia.org