Oh how I love September! The promise of new beginnings, fresh ideas, exciting encounters with future friends …  Much rather go here than discuss how I spent my Summer with Saturn. I am not ready to go there, not yet anyway!

I took these four shots today in my neighborhood.

get-attachment (37)

get-attachment (35)

get-attachment (36)

get-attachment (38)

I enjoy the contrast  between hot and cool, opening and closing, bright and muted, fragrant and decaying, subtle changes between photo 1 and photo 3 ( can you see the differences between the two? do tell!)

Life is all about contrast and context, isn’t it?

Gotta leave you with a song, an oldie but goodie.

guess the song !

10 comments on “September

1. shreejacob says:

Beautiful shots! 🙂
    I don’t know what the difference was for you, but for me…I looked at the first photo..and then when I reached the third ..the FIRST thing that popped up was…ooooo that’s where the fairies play 🙂

Thanks Shree 🙂

The difference is that there is a small yellow leaf on the curb on the first shot ( near lower right hand corner) but not the third. There are surely other differences. I like yours though very much!!

2. Autumn is a Golden hue as the harvesting is gathering in and nature prepares to rest for the winter… Love your photo’s and September has all too quickly come around.. Sending you my thoughts and thank you for the music xox

Love how you described September. I adore Autumn and look forward to its wonders.

x0x0x

3. Soul Fields says:

Thanks for the song as well – it´s one of my all time favorites bringing happy associations. 🙂

You have good taste! 🙂

4. Cheers for September and Autumn. It is so beautiful in Autumn in Switzerland. Not long before we see and smell roasted chestnuts food stalls. I like your contrasting pairs – I am also sensitive to them very much.

That word picture you created is so inviting. I can smell the chestnuts while hearing faint music in the background, along with a slight chill in the air.

There’s a line in Vanilla Sky, one of my fave films:You can do whatever you want with your life, but one day you’ll know what love truly is. It’s the sour and the sweet. And I know sour, which allows me to appreciate the sweet.

This always stuck with me.

1. I have not seen that movie and I always like the ones you recommend. For example, I recently saw After Midnight and thought it was amazing.

Oh, you had said it was not for you, glad you changed your mind on that one Monika. It was less idealistic but still enjoyable. See Vanilla Sky or rent it of not on your tv options. I am still aching to see the Fountain but it has not come to cable on the stations that I have. I keep waiting..

We are going Quantum!