Art Therapy ~ Scorpio Edition

wikipedia.org public domain

Today marks the birthday of Georgia O’ Keefe. She is another 11 -6/8 personality as her birthday was 11-15 and mine is 11-6. The 11/6 signature can be defined as mastery plus love transmutes into spiritual influence. What we also share is a love of art, nature, the Southwest, and freedom of expression. If you can get to Santa Fe to visit her museum, please do.

Until then, here’s a small sampling of her work :

Brooklyn_Museum_-_Blue_2_-_Georgia_O'KeeffeBrooklyn_Museum_-_Blue_1_-_Georgia_O'KeeffeBlue-greenGeorgia_O'Keeffe,_Series_1,_No._8Georgia-O'Keeffe

Our planet is in dire need of healing. We may not agree on the methods.

One way I heal is by immersing myself in beauty.

Will you share what works for you?. I am interested in spreading the wealth.

There is no way to peace. Peace IS the way.

image credits: wikipedia.org, public domain

12 comments on “Art Therapy ~ Scorpio Edition

1. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

Happy Birthday, Georgia!

Love heals. Compassion. Gratitude. Being in those elements helps me immensely, and as we heal ourselves it goes out electromagnetically to the planet. ❤

Peace and healing,
    Mary

Thank you Mary for sharing your values here. I agree that self healing is critical and so under rated.

peace, Linda

2. renatembell says:

Wonderful photographs of her. I’m excited to share that over the holidays I will be attending the current exhibit in Columbia, SC. I read an article yesterday about Georgia’s time in SC. I had no idea! It was in SC where she had her ah-ha moment– to step away from the techniques she learned from her teachers and find her own. I am so looking forward to viewing her art! It’s not Santa Fe, but it’ll do! 🙂 (www.columbiamuseum.org in case you or others are interested)

Liked by 2 people

She was a striking woman. Excited for you to see the exhibit. Just saw the Bourdain Charleston show and now I want to visit Charleston more than ever. Your city is so beautiful and unique. Like you are, Renate ❤
      Thanks for sharing the link.

1. renatembell says:

🙂 Thank you Linda. I watched a few clips of the show on CNN’s website. I haven’t had cable for years now, so I have to see if I can catch the whole episode online. If it has inspired you to consider visiting Charleston, then it must have been good! Come down. I’ll show you around.

Georgia was a beautiful woman. I have not seen many images of her at such a young age. I really enjoyed these photos, and the artwork is lovely.

3. Soul Fields says:

I love O´Keeffe (even before I knew I have the same birthday :D). I often share her works in FB. There´s a synchronicity again having just thought about her.

Happy Solar Return Deelia ! and fellow 11/6 = 8.

Does that signature resonate with you? I hope you have an incredible year ❤

Cheers to O'Keefe and more synchronicity.

1. Soul Fields says:

Yes, I do resonate with the signature. And thanks, Linda dear, I´m wishing you too a wonderful, magical new solar year! ❤ Inclusive synchronicity we both love so much!

4. Such beautiful pieces! I am so grateful we have her work.

As for me, I always go to prayer without ceasing. It realigns me and keeps me focused on love, trust and faith. Then I do whatever is in front of me in gratitude.

Hi Sarah,
      Thanks for sharing your practices. You are a light on the world.

5. i have always been drawn to her and her works…. now I know why… she is a fellow Scorpio!

She is a one of a kind artist and I think her art will last the test of time. And she was a Scorpio 🙂