photo_9285_20090125

Where is Grace?

Grace is realizing the car keys are in your other pocket

Grace is when the cop gives you a warning this time

Grace is when the red birds descend on your terrace ” just because”

Grace is when you discover your checkbook error

that you subtracted one hundred dollars by mistake

Grace is when the sky opens and the sun tells the clouds to get lost for a spell

Grace is the neighbor’s cat who snuggles with you after yours has passed away

Grace is the stranger who helps you pick up your groceries off the floor

Grace is the MRI that reveals you don’t have that illness after all

Grace is accepting what is and surviving with renewed hope

Grace is a whole heart after a lifetime of shatters and scars

Grace is a million new beginnings

Grace is finding love way past your prime

Grace is everpresent

© litebeing chronicles 2013

update:

I wrote this poem , or rather this poem wrote me, from a place filled with a mixture of despair, emptiness, hope, and gratitude. Your response has been wonderful and I thank you.  My poetry has always been fueled by intense emotion and manifests only when it is good and ready. Stay tuned for new arrivals in future posts.

bird image courtesy of freerangestock.com
header image by © litebeing chronicles 2013

33 comments on “Poetry – Grace Everpresent

1. really beautiful linda. ❤ love and hugs to you

2. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

I love this!

thank you Mary. I am so moved by the sweeping events of this week.
      peace, Linda

3. Dawn Vierra says:

Reblogged this on Reiki Dawn and commented:
    Love this poem about the many faces of Grace. From litebeing.com.

Reblogged this on litebeing chronicles and commented:

In honor of this extraordinary week of grace I am re-blogging this poem.
    Namaste, litebeing

5. annesquared says:

Linda, I “liked” your post so much, I realized I unliked it. So I liked it again! Grace is finding this post again and having it mean even more the second time around 🙂

1. Grace is discovering that the angst that fueled this poem is transmuted by the joy its message brings other people.

1. annesquared says:

And we learn … everything has its purpose… 🙂 or 😛

6. That is lovely Linda~

7. Ajaytao2010 says:

Yes indeed grace is everything

1. and it is everywhere 🙂

1. Ajaytao2010 says:

8. beautiful reminder of the ever present. Thank you!

1. Donna, I appreciate your kind words and am happy you visited my blog! As you know, the present is all we have.

1. And is all there is! The past is gone and the future has not manifested yet. All we have, and magically so, is right now. I’m happy that your blog is successful!

9. My dear friend, I have nominated you for Best Moment Award! Congratulations! Please visit this link:transcendingbordersblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/best-moment-award-2/

1. wow!!! I am floored and so humbled. Not even three months in, First post 1-11-13, what can I say but thank you? This project is so full of blessings beyond the limits of imagination. wow wow wow

in light and lite, litebeing Linda

10. Connie Lezenby says:

My favorite is finding love way past my prime!

1. Hi Connie,
      How wonderful to find your comment here! Glad you enjoyed my poem.

in light, Linda

11. Lehua says:

I meant to write Grace is finding the exact words one needs to hear in a time of need. Thank you, love! I needed this.

1. sometimes we all need this! glad my poem delivered a message of hope.

love and light, Linda

12. james369 says:

“… Grace is when the sky opens…” Yes!

1. glad James that you can feel the spirit !

13. reikiheidi says:

Beautiful 🙂

14. annesquared says:

Beautiful,Lovely thoughts to end the day. Thank you!

1. thank you for your appreciation 🙂