Poetry – Grace Everpresent

I am having a shaky day, in the shadows of a brilliant Solstice Celebration last evening. I am in need of consolation, so I shall use my words to comfort myself. This poem was written during a very dark time and I remember it well.

As a bonus, I am linking to an article I found about Grace. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Here is a sample:

Grace is Courage – You are in a state of grace when, during those moments when you can see no way out of a predicament, you know that love will prevail. Even though you may feel afraid, there is so much love in your heart that you know you will not give up. Grace is the warmth in your heart that gives you courage.

Please hold me in your thoughts and prayers as I navigate another challenge that I cannot control or avoid. The only way is through.

photo_9285_20090125

Where is Grace?

Grace is realizing the car keys are in your other pocket

Grace is when the cop gives you a warning this time

Grace is when the red birds descend on your terrace ” just because”

Grace is when you discover your checkbook error

that you subtracted one hundred dollars by mistake

Grace is when the sky opens and the sun tells the clouds to get lost for a spell

Grace is the neighbor’s cat who snuggles with you after yours has passed away

Grace is the stranger who helps you pick up your groceries off the floor

Grace is the MRI that reveals you don’t have that illness after all

Grace is accepting what is and surviving with renewed hope

Grace is a whole heart after a lifetime of shatters and scars

Grace is a million new beginnings

Grace is finding love way past your prime

Grace is everpresent

© litebeing chronicles 2013

update (2013) :

I wrote this poem , or rather this poem wrote me, from a place filled with a mixture of despair, emptiness, hope, and gratitude. Your response has been wonderful and I thank you.  My poetry has always been fueled by intense emotion and manifests only when it is good and ready. Stay tuned for new arrivals in future posts.

bird image courtesy of freerangestock.com
header image by © litebeing chronicles 2013

23 comments on “Poetry – Grace Everpresent

1. Oh Grace is so sweet ❤
    Blessings dear Linda

thank you dear and blessings back to you ❤

2. Sending lots of love your way sister ❤

Liked by 2 people

thank you Sindy!

1. 😀 I smile at your ❤

3. Rajagopal says:

Thanks for your many graceful thoughts here, Linda, and the shining light around those reflections. Wish you a joyful week of festivities and another rewarding year ahead.

Liked by 2 people

Thank you Rajagopal. Wishing the same
      for you and your family.

4. Michael says:

Lovely, Linda. Sounds like you are already feeling a bit better. I love the concept of grace and it grows on me more and more with each passing year. Maybe it sinks in more, or I become more cognizant of it as time passes, that things were precisely as they were for reasons that in the final telling always prove to be both gentler, sweeter, and more powerful than we once suspected.

I loved this line in particular, “Grace is a whole heart after a lifetime of shatters and scars” This is it. Grace is turning the corner, and bumping into the sun…

Hope you have a beautiful and grace-filled holiday season…!
    Much Love
    Michael

Hi Michael,

Grace for me is sporadic, but ever present for my higher self. It is like lightning in a bottle sometimes, definitely defying control or explanation.

Grace is turning the corner, and bumping into the sun…

This would be a great line for my poem, if I had thought of it myself 🙂
      It makes a lovely visual.

My this season be magically peaceful and bountiful in love for you and your family.

love, Linda

5. renatembell says:

Sending love and light ❤

6. Karin says:

Unfortunately, the awakening journey sucks (at times). But discovering the grace part of it makes even for it. Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem about how grace shows up in everyday life.
    Hugs and peace,
    Karin

Yes Karin, it can really suck. It also did before I began to wake up. The difference is that I can usually remind myself that I am never alone and that all is not what it seems.
      I am still new to Grace, but she doesn’t mind 😉

Hugs, Linda

7. cindy knoke says:

You are grace! Happy Holidays~

Liked by 2 people

wow, thanks Cindy, quite a compliment!
      Happy Holidays to you and your family.

8. love and peace to your heart linda ❤ lovely poem

9. Dayna says:

Its been a rough day for me, too. Hang in there. Sending love, light and healing your way. xx

Thank you Dayna!

10. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature says:

Blessings and Grace Linda. Prayers on their way. Such a beautiful poem. I love it.
    Peace
    Mary

thank you so much Mary. peace to you, Linda

11. tiramit says:

‘this poem wrote me’ there’s something about this that makes so much sense…