Blackbird-sunset-03

Sunset is one of my favorite times of day. It is a liminal time and quite spectacular. With the Solstice upon us ( in my 5th house) and Jupiter trine Uranus sparking my Venus in Sag, my Leo energy is lit up like a Christmas tree! Leo is the ruler of the Sun and while today our Sun enters the sign of Cancer, the current energies are more fiery and incendiary. I have found this weekend full of unexpected fireworks and am hoping the sun will keep all of us warm and sparkly. For those in the Southern Hemisphere, I hope you are in alignment with the transition into the tranformational nature of Winter.

Sunset7_-_NOAA

I don’t have anything particularly profound to say except that the light is always accessible. Conscious breath , a slower pace, and living with intention make a difference for me. I could focus on the bleakness that Father’s Day holds for me, or I could celebrate the men who commit to parenting and strive to be their best selves for their families. That is preferable to seething in bitterness and regret regarding men who failed to live up to their responsibilities and created negative ripples.

Corp2739

Like I wrote in a recent post, it is better to walk and don’t look back. If I can love myself enough to be love in the world, I am on a correct path. If I can love those who were not parented well, simply because they are consciousness, all is well. My mother reminded me today of the reactions of the loved ones who lost many in the Charleston murder tragedy. They love and forgive with vulnerability, purity, and passion. They are instruments of love. They shine with the brilliance of our star, the sun.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This blog is called litebeing chronicles because I seek to shine brightly and be a light for the planet. My stories illustrate my struggles and my triumphs. My chart ruler is Leo and it sits in the 7th house of relationships. I aspire to shine in service to others, knowing on another level, the other is a projection of me. Non duality can be quite heady and elusive, but that does not deter us from doing our best.

wikipedia pub domain

I chose 3 songs to provide a Solstice Soundtrack: 1  Shine by Collective Soul, 2 Turn on Your Love Light by the Dead, and 3 Light My Fire by Jimmy Morrison.

1 I just could not resist :

2 Performed on Summer Solstice 1989

3 This video runs for 11:11 minutes so I had to choose it!

Which songs remind you of Leo or the Sun? Do tell!

Blessings on this Solstice Sunday dear radiant litebeings.

images credits: wikipedia.org public domain

11 comments on “Solstice Supreme ~ Let Your Light Shine

1. As I read back I see how your energy is changing for the Lighter.. And you are definitely Shining much brighter again Linda..
    My own weekend was a busy one.. the Solstice was my hubbies B’day and Father’s Day combined, so the household was a busy one.. 🙂
    I am smiling for I feel a corner has been turned.. 🙂
    Love and Light to you my friend.. Sue

You must have had quite a weekend. Did not know Father’s Day was celebrated in UK. I am not up on these details. I hope you are correct about my turning a corner. Our task is to adjust to the New World and take good care of ourselves and each other.

hugs, Linda

1. You got that right Linda.. adjoining, and being there for one another.. Unity Conciousness.. 😀 .. as we move into our next phase. ❤

2. Michael says:

Beautiful pictures, Linda! And I enjoyed your writing and thoughts here. I’m quite sure Father’s Day is difficult for some, but we had a nice one and I think a big part of it can be honoring the goodness that is in each of us, though it may not always shine… It is not always easy to be a light… It sounds great, until we are hurt, or pressed upon, or wounded. Then it is extremely difficult to navigate the sea of reactions and chose to let go what needn’t be. But the sun sets every night just the same, regardless of what we say or do to one another… There is something profound in that for me…

Blessings
    Michael

Hi Michael,
      Are you a dad? If you are I bet you try to show love to your children and set an example. We all do the best we can do. Thank you for your kindness as always.

Blessings, Linda

3. Yeah Fathers Day is weird.

Never cared for Father’s Day, but I do not want to remain a Debby Downer for those who do 🙂

1. Ha ha Yeah we won’t.

4. ptero9 says:

Lol Linda, I love how you say, “Jimmie Morrison.”

My song, for today, at this moment, upon hearing your question, isssssss…..

Good Morning Starshine – by Oliver